NEW! Take a look at one of the sessions to see how we explain concepts and give opportunity for discussion and debate. Download PDF here.
To lay the foundations of credit risk management, using score-based policies for decision making, for those new to Credit Risk and those requiring an overview of lending techniques.
- How do Banks make money? Influencing the bottom line
- Credit Risk toolkit: principles of scoring and the organisation
- Acquisition strategies: balancing risk vs reward
- Account management strategies: learning through limits
- Collections strategies: focussing effort for best returns
- Management information: strategy and portfolio evaluation
- Measuring bad debt: consistency and clarity
- The regulatory environment: who and what are Basel, IFRS9 and GDPR?
- The real world: own company experience
At the end of this seminar, delegates will know:
- Key elements of product profitability – and the inter-relationships with customer behaviour
- Bank balance sheet basics
- Principles for building credit scorecards and designing score-based strategies
- Management information techniques for refining strategies and portfolio monitoring
- Role of risk appetite for informing company strategy
- Metrics for defining delinquency, provision and default
- Key regulation governing credit risk
- How the events of 2007-2008 shaped the industry today
Who should attend
- Analysts and Policy Makers new to Credit, not necessarily involved directly with scoring on a daily basis
- Experienced Credit Managers who require a strategic overview of credit risk management and lending techniques
- Auditors and regulators
Format and materials:
Formal presentations with many practical exercises and whole group discussion.
Break-out discussion and feedback groups.
Seminar manual to take away.
Standard programme 3 days; may be modified for 2 day programme.
Running this seminar in-house
We can offer this seminar at a date to suit you and tailor it to suit your exact audience. You can select limited modules to create a two day course, select all the modules as a three day course, or substitute modules from other seminars - see the custom planner for options.
For more on course content email email@example.com