NEW! Business-focused seminar.
For Collections Strategic Managers and Analysts in Retail Credit.
Online trainer-led seminar run by Helen McNab.
5 mornings. Zoom platform.
09:00 to 13:00 each day (UK time).
Registration on day 1 from 08:45.
Online outline seminar agenda: click here
To develop the technical, communication and strategic skills of Managers and Analysts working with
rigorous design and evaluation of credit strategies,
optimising the use of models to simplifying policy and
reporting of Collections performance for scrutiny by senior management.
- The Collections Mission: Balancing risk, reward, resources and regulation
- Scorecard and Segmentation Models: Design and evaluation for Collections
- Principles of Provision : Collections ' role in managing bad debt
- Strategy Formulation: Scores, segmentation and the pursuit of clarity
- Experimentation: Test and learn principles, practice ..... and war stories
- Collections Outcome Reporting: Did aims become reality?
- Collections Performance Monitoring : Analysing the Operational Impact
- Collections Portfolio Monitoring : Dashboards in an analytic framework
- Collections Vintage Matrices: Interpretation for action
Throughout the seminar, reference will be made to regulation, as appropriate.
At the end of this seminar, delegates will:
Understand better their role, in the context of the firm’s strategic priorities
- Appreciate the importance of Expected Loss and Collection's role in managing bad debt
- Understand how scorecards work and their role in simplifying policy
- Know the principles for effective strategy development
- Bring back an array of reporting ideas, including dashboards, across the credit cycle
- Know how to apply greater rigour to their analyses
Who should attend
Collections and Risk Insight Analysts: involved daily in the development, deployment and monitoring of Collections strategies and portfolio performance, ideally with 6 months practical experience.
Collections Managers: new to credit risk or requiring a greater understanding of the role of scoring and segmentation in formulating Collections strategies, along with key metrics for measuring success.
Format and materials
Formal presentations with practical exercises and whole group discussion.
Break-out discussion and feedback groups.
Seminar manual, with a ‘back at the office “to do” list’, to support seminar learning and web resource listings.
Online: 5 mornings.
Also available as an in-house seminar with dates arranged to suit the client.
For more on course content and place availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount of £100 per delegate for first seminar participants! Discounted price shown on the registration page.