To meet demand - an additional seminar is now scheduled
22-26 November 2021 over 6 sessions - Live online event
Entry-level seminar for newcomers to Credit Risk for retail portfolios.
Online trainer-led seminar run by Helen McNab.
5 mornings plus 1 afternoon. Webex platform.
Start time 09:00 finish time 12:30 - 13:00 each day (UK time).
Plus Day 3 afternoon start time 13:30 finish time 16:30.
Registration on day 1 from 08:45.
Online seminar agenda: click here
Take a look at one of the sessions to see how we explain concepts and give opportunity for discussion and debate.
To lay the foundations of credit risk management, using score-based policies for decision making, for those new to Credit Risk and those requiring an overview of lending techniques.
- How do Banks make money? Influencing the bottom line
- Credit Risk toolkit: principles of scoring and the organisation
- Acquisition strategies: balancing risk vs reward
- Account management strategies: learning through limits
- Collections strategies: focussing effort for best returns
- Management information: strategy and portfolio evaluation
- Measuring bad debt: consistency and clarity
- The regulatory environment: who and what are Basel, IFRS9 and GDPR?
- The real world: lessons for the future
At the end of this seminar, delegates will know:
- Key elements of product profitability – and the inter-relationships with customer behaviour
- Bank balance sheet basics
- Principles for building credit scorecards and designing score-based strategies
- Management information techniques for refining strategies and portfolio monitoring
- Role of risk appetite for informing company strategy
- Metrics for defining delinquency, provision and default
- Key regulation governing credit risk
- How the events of 2007-2008 shaped the industry today
Who should attend
- Analysts and Policy Makers new to Credit, not necessarily involved directly with scoring on a daily basis
- Experienced Credit Managers who require a strategic overview of credit risk management and lending techniques
- Auditors and regulators
Format and materials:
Formal presentations with many practical exercises and whole group discussion.
Break-out discussion and feedback groups.
Seminar manual to take away.
Online: 5 mornings plus 1 afternoon.
Also available as an in-house seminar with dates arranged to suit the client.
For more on course content email email@example.com.