Business-focused seminar for Portfolio Managers, retail credit.
Online trainer-led seminar run by Helen McNab. Guest presenter Gerard Scallan
09:00 to 12:30 each day (UK time).
Registration on day 1 from 08:45.
Online seminar agenda: click here
To develop the strategic skills of Credit Scoring / Risk Insight Analysts and Portfolio Managers, through the rigorous design and evaluation of credit strategies, underpinned by scorecards, and the reporting of portfolio performance for scrutiny by senior management.
- Reading the portfolio – Portfolio Management structure, capital, finacial drivers and governance
- Scorecard design and validation: getting the most out of models to support decisions
- Formulation credit strategies: a structured approach to defining objectives, design and evaluation
- Strategy analysis: designing the MI to reflect objectives and expectations
- Portfolio analysis: rethinking vintage matrices to detect early changes in delinquency trends
- Monthly reporting: key features of an effective MI pack; dashboards
- Portfolio metrics and risk appetite: defining key metrics and setting triggers for action
Supporting examples are drawn from across the credit cycle: originations, existing book and collections.
At the end of this seminar, delegates will:
- Know how to define key portfolio metrics & profit drivers and set triggers for action
- Understand the fundamental philosophy driving IFRS9, the Basel accord, alongside the regulator view
- Be able to evaluate scorecards to ensure they remain "fit for purpose"
- Understand the principles of using an analysis driven framework, for early detection of changing trends
- Be able to challenge policy overlays to reduce strategy complexity
- Have applied the "actual vs expected" principle, to identify deviations from budget, testing for size, significance and business sense
- Have been given an array of reporting ideas, including dashboards across the credit cycle
- Understand the imperative for effective and timely feedback loops, to accelerate corporate response
Who should attend
Credit scoring / risk insight analysts: involved daily in the development, deployment and monitoring of credit strategies and portfolio performance, ideally with 12 months practical experience
Portfolio managers: new to credit risk or requiring a greater understanding of the role of scoring in running a credit portfolio along with key metrics for measuring success
Format and materials
Formal presentations with practical exercises and whole group discussion
Break-out discussion and feedback groups
Seminar manual, with a ‘back at the office “to do” list’, to support seminar learning and web resource listings.
Online: 5 mornings.
Also available as an in-house seminar with dates arranged to suit the client.
For more on course content and place availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org