Business-focused seminar for Portfolio Managers, retail credit.
Online trainer-led seminar run by Helen McNab. Guest presenter Gerard Scallan
5 mornings. Webex platform.
09:00 to 13:00 each day (UK time).
Registration on day 1 from 08:45.
Online seminar agenda: click here
To develop the strategic skills of Credit Scoring / Risk Insight Analysts and Portfolio Managers, through the rigorous design and evaluation of credit strategies, underpinned by scorecards, and the reporting of portfolio performance for scrutiny by senior management.
The focus is Acquisitions, Back Book and wider portfolio development.
( Collections strategic analytics is now incorporated into a new seminar.)
- Portfolio management framework and governance
- Why capital is important and key financial drivers
- Scorecards: What we need to know for effective Portfolio Management
- Strategy formulation principles: A structured approach
- Iterative strategy revision: Debating policy approaches and options
- Policy rules analysis: Aiming for simplification
- Reporting: Strategy outcomes and dashboards
- Actual vs expected analytic framework: Thresholds, techniques, business practice
- Vintage matrices: Principles and extensions for swifter insights
- Proactive portfolio management: Applying the “actual vs expected” principle
Supporting examples are drawn from originations and back book (account management).
At the end of this seminar, delegates will:
Understand better their role, in the context of the firm’s Credit Risk Framework
- Appreciate the philosophy driving IFRS9, the Basel accord and the regulator’s agenda
- Be able to question whether their operational scorecards are "fit for purpose"
- Know the principles for effective strategy development
- Have confidence to challenge policy overlays to reduce strategy complexity
- Bring back an array of reporting ideas, including dashboards
- Know how to apply greater rigour to their analyses
- Have critically reviewed purpose and metrics for effective Risk Appetite management
Who should attend
Portfolio management / Credit scoring / risk insight analysts: involved daily in the development, deployment and monitoring of credit strategies and portfolio performance, ideally with 12 months practical experience
Portfolio managers: new to credit risk or requiring a greater understanding of the role of scoring in running a credit portfolio along with key metrics for measuring success
Format and materials
Formal presentations with practical exercises and whole group discussion
Break-out discussion and feedback groups
Seminar manual, with a ‘back at the office “to do” list’, to support seminar learning and web resource listings
Online: 5 mornings
Also available as an in-house seminar with dates arranged to suit the client
For more on course content and place availability, email email@example.com