To provide techniques for analysts and managers involved in Basel modelling and strategic decision making for retail credit risk.
This seminar has been developed in association with Jon Hinder of Rhino Risk.
- The need for regulation and the Basel Accords framework
- The key input and outputs PD, EAD and LGD models
- Methodologies for the validation of models
- The challenges surrounding the estimation of regulatory capital under the IRB approach
At the end of this three-day seminar, delegates will understand:
- The fundamental philosophy driving the Basel accords
- How to design, build and validate models for calculating regulatory capital under Basel
- The role of scores in portfolio segmentation and in the internal rating based approach for Basel
- Techniques for addressing small sample / low default portfolios
- The strengths / limitations of each type of model – and issues concerning interpretation
- The ‘use test’ and stress testing
- Governance and regulatory considerations
Who should attend
Analysts and technical managers responsible for building, validating and testing Basel models
Senior managers from finance and credit risk, responsible for business interface with regulators and infrastructure to support Basel Accord regulations
Format and materials
Formal presentations with practical exercises and whole group discussion
Break-out discussion and feedback groups
Seminar manual to take away
3 days in-house or open seminar programme.
Available as an open or in-house seminar. All open seminars are held at the top class Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, BS1 5TA, UK. In-house seminar dates are arranged to suit the client.
For more on course content and place availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees excluding VAT
First delegate: £1,275
Second delegate: £1,200
Each subsequent delegate: £1,150
The small print
Open seminar prices include course materials, refreshments and lunch each day, and the course dinner after day one. Fees exclude travel and accommodation. UK VAT at the standard rate is payable in addition (regardless of delegate’s country of origin). Discounts are given (as shown above) for delegates from the same company who book on the same course. These do not apply to cross-course bookings. Substitutions may be made at any time without charge. Cancellations within 14 days of the course start date are subject to a cancellation fee of 30% of the course fees. Prices valid until 30th June 2015. Payment is required on invoice.