To develop the strategic skills of Credit Scoring / Risk Insight Analysts and Portfolio Managers, through the rigorous design and evaluation of credit strategies, underpinned by scorecards, and the reporting of portfolio performance for scrutiny by senior management.
The course is a development of the previously offered "Talking Number" seminar.
- Reading the portfolio – linking financial results to underlying credit strategy opportunities
- Scorecard selection and measurement: getting the most out of models to support decisions
- Credit strategy formulation: a structured approach to defining objectives, design and evaluation
- Strategy analysis: designing the MI to reflect objectives and expectations
- Portfolio analysis: rethinking vintage matrices to detect early changes in delinquency trends
- Monthly reporting: key features of an effective MI pack
- Portfolio metrics and risk appetite: defining key metrics and setting triggers for action
Supporting examples are drawn from across the credit cycle: originations, existing book and collections.
At the end of this two-day seminar, delegates will know how to:
- Identify key profit drivers and understand the complexities of relating actions to consequence
- Critique a scorecard to ensure it is "fit for purpose" - in business terms
- Design and evaluate credit strategies, using an analysis driven framework of clear objectives and expectations
- Use scores to reduce complexity in these credit strategies
- Present strategy alternatives, articulating assumptions and expectations
- Use the "actual vs expected" principle to identify deviations from budget
- Define high level metrics and reporting with supporting statistical tests
Who should attend
Credit scoring / risk insight analysts: involved daily in the development, deployment and monitoring of credit strategies and portfolio performance, ideally with 12 months practical experience
Portfolio managers: new to credit risk a or requiring a greater understanding of the role of scoring in running a credit portfolio along with key metrics for measuring success
Format and materials
Formal presentations with practical exercises and whole group discussion
Break-out discussion and feedback groups
Seminar manual to take away along with a ‘back at the office “to do” list’, to support seminar learning and web resource listings.
Available as an open or in-house seminar. All open seminars are held at the top class Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, BS1 5TA, UK. In-house seminar dates are arranged to suit the client.
For more on course content and place availability, email email@example.com